Loading

8.25.2007

So I've been Meme-ed

You can thank Karina for roping me into this wonderful meme...thing. The glorious part is now you get to be bored with ...

8 Random Facts About Me:
  1. I was a teenage hooligan and I worshipped Che Guevara and Rage Against the Machine. I walked around with a big, black squeaky dog toy police bat to protest police brutality, I knew every word to F**k the Police, and I made trouble and stirred up political arguments at every opportunity (I was a helluva memeber of the debate team). I carried around an old copy of the CCP Manifesto (that's the Chinese communist party) and was very concerned with social injustice- typical angry overly-dramatic teen :) I am now a vocal supporter of Ron Paul- there's real social justice!
  2. I can't do mental math but I won my college annual mathematics Clark Medal award and our physics annual department outstanding student award (split with my fiance Jon). I pretend to be immensely proud that I can do abstract math, topology, nuclear and astrophysics but I cannot count back change, lol. I also can't easily read an analog clock :)
  3. I eat almond butter with a spoon... with cold tofu even... with salsa- I don't care!
  4. My interests are nutrition, fitness, cooking, and of course art.
  5. I grew up in a lower middle class area with hardworking parents, both remarried, and have 2 moms (and a bossy older sister).
  6. Cats and turtles are my favorite pets; I only like HUGE short hair dogs- small dogs make me twitch.
  7. I hate tv- except Scrubs- I am a sucker for comedy.
  8. My favorite music is blues/jazz/folk and country even though I grew up listening to rap and heavy metal.
  9. Every car I have just so happens to be gold and named Sid after my high school infatuation with Sid Vicious from the Sex Pistols. I can't follow directions (why I don't cook with recipes, give 9 topics & why there are two facts in #9).
The poor souls that I tag are:
The Gluten Free Gal
Gastro Girl
Dianne @ Gluten Free Journey
Shannon @ Digestive Diva
Jean @ Gluten Free Momma
MappyB @ Gluten Free MappyB
KerryAnn @ Cooking Traditional Foods
Andrea @ The Holistic Chef

The rules for this meme are:

1. Let others know who tagged you.
2. Players start with 8 random facts about themselves.
3. Those who are tagged should post these rules and their 8 random facts.
4. Players should tag 8 other people and notify them they have been tagged .
~~Rules are meant to be broken- at least pushed a little :)

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for saying yes to the meme, Cindy! I loved your 8 - er - 9 random facts. ;)

    I cannot for the life of me follow directions either (and never follow a recipe - even my own). So we have that in common. Cool.

    Wasn't Gary Oldman fab as Sid in Sid and Nancy?

    Karina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your facts! I also love raw tofu, and have ever since I was a little kid. People who watch me cook with tofu and pop a cube of it raw and unflavored into my mouth often exclaim loudly.... EEEEWWWW! It's delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool! I'd love to join the meme, though I suspect I shall break the rules too! I'll post sometime this week!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karina-
    Yes, Gary Oldman was awesome! Actually Sid and Nancy was on tv last night! LOL, funny timing. I am still explaining to Jon who Sid and Nancy are (he never did punk rock and vetoes any punk I put into the cd player :))

    GF By the Bay- my cold tofu with almond butter freaks Jon out which makes it more fun! He jokes he'll never know when I'm pregnant since I always eat weird things, hehe. Gotta keep them on their toes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just went back through my old posts and saw that I completely forgot that you meme'd me! So, I guess I break rules too, I never did post my 8 random facts, shame on me. Thanks for visiting my blog though, and I just did a new chocolate cake recipe that is even better than the one you looked at. Happy Labor Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Cindy
    Nice funny post
    Also thanks again for all those yummy dishes which you post in your blog.


    Cathy

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to comment :) Your comments help drive this healthy gluten free community.

As a token of our appreciation, our blog is DoFollow. In addition, as a top commentator, your blog/website will be linked on our frontpage. Thus, your comments here benefit your website, our website, and, ultimately, celiac awareness.

Blessed be,
Cindy