Loading

8.31.2007

Hemp and Sprout Green Salad [Vegan]

Ah ha! My first excuse to use my pepper mill :) This is the high point to my recent depressing discovery that I may have a mild almond allergy (if you have been reading this for any amount of time then you know how much I adore almonds... sigh). Looks like some more allergy testing is in store..ergh. Anyways, I fooled myself into thinking I had slivered almonds on my salad by using dehydrated chopped garlic instead; it really has a nice crunch, which is part of what I wanted.

2 c. organic lettuce (I used red leaf)
1/2 pint or a few large handfuls sprouts
2 T. organic hemp protein powder
1 T. dehydrated chopped garlic (optional)

Seasonings:
oregano
fresh pepper
dried basil

Dressing:
1 T. balsamic vinegar
2 T. extra virgin olive oil

Toss lettuce and sprouts in a large bowl. Sprinkle over hemp powder and then top with garlic and seasonings. Mix (I just pour it on, but you can shake it together) olive oil and vinegar and pour over the salad. I had this with my hemp-inspired lunch of Seaweed and Kale Soup.

Serves: 1-2

3 comments:

  1. Cindy - Almonds? I fee your pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! Stupid "forbidden" things just make you want it more. What's worse is that almond butter was recently on sale and I bought about 6 jars (lbs)! Arrgh! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome. I have some hemp protein powder in the cupboard. Haven't used it for anything except healthy protein shakes. I'm very eager to try out this recipe. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to comment :) Your comments help drive this healthy gluten free community.

As a token of our appreciation, our blog is DoFollow. In addition, as a top commentator, your blog/website will be linked on our frontpage. Thus, your comments here benefit your website, our website, and, ultimately, celiac awareness.

Blessed be,
Cindy