Loading

8.29.2007

Brown Rice and Eggplant Bake

This recipe just came to me as I stared, frustrated, into my fridge at leftovers. My family is coming into town this weekend (uber-excited!) so I planned menu upon menu of gluten and dairy free bliss. This cooking bonanza hinges upon using up my leftovers since I refuse to waste food (or to feed my guests leftovers :) ). See my note below for variations on this and feel free to experiment. This is just what I had staring back at me from the depths of my overstuffed refrigerator...

2 c. cooked brown rice (this would work well with cooked quinoa also I bet)
6 eggs, scrambled
1 medium eggplant, cooked and chopped**
1 T. Bragg's liquid aminos

Seasonings:
sea salt and pepper
dash cayenne pepper (optional)
rosemary
garlic powder
onion powder

Mix cooked rice, cooked eggplant pieces, Bragg's and seasonings in a large bowl. Bake at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes. I baked this all in a pie plate sprayed with nonstick spray, but you can use whatever you have handy. Feel free to thrown in any leftovers- veggies, raisins, seeds- whatever appeals to you. This was just my way of using up leftovers without having the same old "blah...oh good, stir fried veggies on rice again this week :) "

** I used leftover grilled eggplant slices which I then chopped up lazily using kitchen shears.

1 comment:

  1. The picture really doesn't do this one justice - have had two nights in a row and it is really quite good. If you've similar ingredients and some spices, definitely give it a try! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to comment :) Your comments help drive this healthy gluten free community.

As a token of our appreciation, our blog is DoFollow. In addition, as a top commentator, your blog/website will be linked on our frontpage. Thus, your comments here benefit your website, our website, and, ultimately, celiac awareness.

Blessed be,
Cindy